Recent content by Jim the Hermit

1. Jim the Hermit

How to make the AIs use their attack animations?

I'm playing around with the demo scripts of BDM and BDT and can get an AI to seek me and spawn a bullet. What do I need to use their animations? DemoAgent is no help.
  2. Jim the Hermit

Grenade gets thrown at right angle to the player.

Because it's not a common problem, I just deleted all the prefabs and created new ones. It works now, but I still can barely hear the explosion
  3. Jim the Hermit

Grenade gets thrown at right angle to the player.

it's a pickup item and it gets thrown 90 degrees from where the character is facing. Also I can barely hear it go off.
  4. Jim the Hermit

"The script don't inherit a native class that can manage a script."

I got this error when I tried to attach the IAttackAgent to a character. I don't know what it's trying to say. I need tutorials for IAttackAgent and IDamagable. I need bad guys for my game.
  5. Jim the Hermit

Major jittering on a moving platform

I made cube a moving platform. It's a parent of a helicopter and the Player. The helicopter has plenty of mesh colliders to keep the Player from falling out. It jitters so bad that sometimes the player does fall out but it's still inside the copter because the legs are all bent and stretched...
  6. Jim the Hermit

Start game crouching?

Thanks
  7. Jim the Hermit

Start game crouching?

I plan on starting the game with the player in a helicopter, but he needs to be crouching until he's out the door. Is there an easy way with a trigger?
  8. Jim the Hermit

I need samples

I can't download the samples because my order number(s) don't work
  9. Jim the Hermit

Dropped weapon bug

I don't understand. The Dropped item (that I made with the Object Manager) contains the Item Pickup script. I can pick up the Dropped item if I put in in the scene before the game starts, but I can't pick it up if the item is actually dropped by an AI from a different weapon. because the...
  10. Jim the Hermit

Dropped weapon bug

I created a Pickup_shotgun. It works fine. I made another weapon (shotgunclub) the AI to use (using the sword animations). In the shotgunclub, the Drop Prefab is Dropped_shotgun, which has the same values as the Pickup_shotgun. Now, when the AI dies, it drops the Dropped_shotgun but the...
  11. Jim the Hermit

Setting up enemy AI

Quick question: When setting up a bad guy character do I set it to First Person, Third Person, Both or something other? I actually got a AI to shoot the player for the first time, but the gun is wonky.
  12. Jim the Hermit

IDriveSource Script and Realistic Car Controller.

Now, i get it. I need the RCC integration, but necessarily the RCC and I can download it when I find my order or invoice number
  13. Jim the Hermit

at the risk of sounding dumb, what is "the integration?"
  14. Jim the Hermit

I'm having the same problem. "Add a component to the vehicle that implements the IDriveSource interface." You can't add the script, so where/what is this "component" that implements the IDriveSource interface? Is RCC "Realistic Car Controller?" Do I have to buy that?