Recent content by DotMeep

1. D

Seek / Pursue arrive distance producing inconsistent behavior...

Thanks again-- it does seem overly complex. The Selector Evaluator was a kitchen sink kind of solution--- I was able to get it working great using a regular Selector and conditional aborts. I did end up manually stopping the Navmeshagent when in Seek arrival distance and damping the animations.
  2. D

Seek / Pursue arrive distance producing inconsistent behavior...

I've included a video of whats happening. It seems that the enemy stops at different distances, depending on my characters velocity / distance. It has something of a rubber band effect--- if the tension is tight the enemy snaps quickly up to the character. If I move just a little, it keeps...
  3. D

Recommended approach for animation triggers (attack, etc.)?

Thanks for all your help Justin-- so would you have a separate proximity check on the character controller that would trigger an attack when close enough, with nothing to do with the behavior tree at all, or have the behavior tree set a proximity bool that the character control can check against?
  4. D

Triggering action (attack) once, then waiting in a repeating behavior

Trying to implement a really simple concept, enemy looks for player, enemy sees player, enemy approaches and attacks at intervals until player leaves attack range, then we pursue the player again. I need a repeater at the start of my branch to account for changes in the WithinDistance task...
  5. D

Recommended approach for animation triggers (attack, etc.)?

I understand the approach for floats related to movement speed, etc., what is the best practice for implementing attack triggers? I've managed a good chase / attack sequence, but I'm tripping up as to how I should trigger the attack. Tempted to just put an animator trigger in the tree, but after...
  6. D

How are NavMeshAgent parameters handled when the Movement action has the same parameter (speed, angular, etc.)

Do the action parameters override the NavMeshAgent settings for the run of that action?
  7. D

Should 'Can See --> Seek / Pursue' sequences automatically determine target based on seen object?

Basically I have a simple can see then seek tree, but I find it odd that the Seek action does not automatically put the seen target object into it's target field. Am I doing something wrong, or does Target have to be manually assigned for all of the included Movement actions?