Seek / Pursue arrive distance producing inconsistent behavior...

DotMeep

I've included a video of whats happening. It seems that the enemy stops at different distances, depending on my characters velocity / distance. It has something of a rubber band effect--- if the tension is tight the enemy snaps quickly up to the character. If I move just a little, it keeps appropriate distance.

It also seems that the task end is delayed, the enemy continues to seek even after it's reached the arrive distance causing my player to get pushed back.

It's tough to say without setting breakpoints and really seeing what is going on but your behavior tree is pretty complex for what it is doing. The Selector Evaluator is a pretty specific task that doesn't look appropriate for your tree as it reevalutes and restarts the child tasks. You should try simplifying it to something more in lines with the following:

If you do want to debug it though you could place outputs within the seek task to see when HasArrived returns true.

Thanks again-- it does seem overly complex. The Selector Evaluator was a kitchen sink kind of solution--- I was able to get it working great using a regular Selector and conditional aborts. I did end up manually stopping the Navmeshagent when in Seek arrival distance and damping the animations.