Recent content by bazzboyy1

1. B

Does the Item Shape System require an instance of ItemShapeInventoryGridController Monobehaviour to work?

I'm looking into purchasing this products, and one of my requirements is that I need to be able to query whether or not an item can fit in an inventory. Preferably this can be done without an instance of a monobehaviour PER inventory. How does this work exactly? Cheers
  2. B

Sequence stopped working

Hey sorry for late reply I don't believe what you've said is happening but maybe I am misunderstanding you. Heres what behavior tree my unit shows during editor mode: Here's what it looks like during play mode: What I got from what you said is that these tasks in the external tree would be...
  3. B

Sequence stopped working

I have another issue now where even though the behaviour tree component is disabled on my gameobject, it's still running the external behavior tree. During editor unplay mode, when I click the gameobject with the BT, the BT editor shows my main BT, however when I play my scene, the BT editor...
  4. B

Sequence stopped working

Yep, it works. Strange though, since even if the task is never stepped into, it still causes things to break. I suppose I'll just have to keep a dummy EBT in there at all times. Probably something worth having a look at though!
  5. B

Sequence stopped working

Nope, the reference task doesn't have any external behaviors assigned though. I thought it would just return failure..
  6. B

Sequence stopped working

Seems to be caused by the top most selector branch. Even when I disable it, the problem still occurs. When I remove the selector and only run the sequence, it works...
  7. B

Sequence stopped working

Dunno why, but my sequence doesn't seem to want to continue after a successful task. I didn't touch the code! sto
  8. B

Agents doesn't avoid eachother at all

NavMeshObstacle only works when you disable the NavAgent, otherwise the NavAgent will indeed try to avoid itself
  9. B

SharedVariable bug

Hello, I just accidentally applied an external behaviour tree to the field on bt component which ended up wiping all my vars. No problem, I added them back. When I added back my SharedVariable 'SharedUnit', my tasks managed to pick it up its former reference immediately. Great! However, when I...
  10. B

How to run a branch in parallel with a running task?

Wow I didn't know you had such a detailed tree for reference! Fantastic. I thought behaviour trees would have been more intuitive but it's been a bit of a learning curve for me. Good to see I'm on the right track. It would be nice if there was some way to run an action before a conditional task...
  11. B

Mmkay so I managed to solve some issues by doing using the repeater task as a parent for my tasks that need to run every frame, I also added a conditional task CurrentTargetIsClosest and set my parent sequence to use a self conditional abort. This however introduces an optimisation issue, the...
  12. B

Also having running tasks also prevent the top branch tasks from running which I need for updating data (GetDeltaTime, Increment Attack Time). Am I doing this wrong?
  13. B

Hello, I'm trying to have my AI constantly try to find the closest target while it's moving towards its existing target. When the AI is attacking however, I want it to stay on the existing target. How can I achieve this? Bottom left branch is the targetfinding branch, then in parallel im...
  14. B

Strange Fatal Bug

Okay so I probably deleted a property that was being mapped? I definitely didnt remove the component. I believe the 2nd issue is due to bugs in the editor stack which prevents the rest of the editor loading? Anyway not sure how I'll fix, maybe Ill try opening the project in a different scene...
  15. B

Strange Fatal Bug

Just tried removing all the behaviour tree components off my agents, saved the scene, reloaded unity and this happened