Sequence stopped working

bazzboyy1

Dunno why, but my sequence doesn't seem to want to continue after a successful task. I didn't touch the code!

Capture.PNGsto

Seems to be caused by the top most selector branch. Even when I disable it, the problem still occurs. When I remove the selector and only run the sequence, it works...

Are you getting any errors? I would have expected the reference task to be consumed by the tree.

Nope, the reference task doesn't have any external behaviors assigned though. I thought it would just return failure..

Yep, it works. Strange though, since even if the task is never stepped into, it still causes things to break. I suppose I'll just have to keep a dummy EBT in there at all times. Probably something worth having a look at though!

I have another issue now where even though the behaviour tree component is disabled on my gameobject, it's still running the external behavior tree. During editor unplay mode, when I click the gameobject with the BT, the BT editor shows my main BT, however when I play my scene, the BT editor shows my EBT... Maybe I'm not understanding EBT enough. I thought when it fails it would exit back into the original BR

Last edited:
I will take a look at what happens if you don't have any external trees assigned.

During editor unplay mode, when I click the gameobject with the BT, the BT editor shows my main BT, however when I play my scene, the BT editor shows my EBT... Maybe I'm not understanding EBT enough. I thought when it fails it would exit back into the original BR
I think that this is working as expected. When you start the behavior tree it will consume all of the tasks from the external behavior tree. The behavior tree reference task is then removed and there's not a way to get it back besides reloading the entire tree.

Hey sorry for late reply

When you start the behavior tree it will consume all of the tasks from the external behavior tree.
I don't believe what you've said is happening but maybe I am misunderstanding you. Heres what behavior tree my unit shows during editor mode:
1583883534225.png

Here's what it looks like during play mode:

1583883780770.png

What I got from what you said is that these tasks in the external tree would be absorbed into the main BT (editor) but instead it looks like it's entered this external tree with no means of returning to the main BT.

Last edited:
Is the RangedUnit External Tree assigned to the External Behavior field of the Behavior Tree component? I can take a closer look at it if you send a repro scene to support@opsive.com.