Version 1.1.2 of the Ultimate Inventory System is making its way to the Opsive Store and the Asset Store. Ensure you update by following the Version 1.1 Update Guide if you are coming from a version prior to version 1.1. This version contains the following changes:
IMPORTANT ACTIONS REQUIRED!
Action Required: The hotbar was changed to inherit the Item View Slots Container. This allows it to have full control over the items added/removed. Please follow these instructions to fix your hotbars from the prior version:
- Remove the Item View Slot Container from your Item Hotbar GameObject.
- On the Item Hotbar Panel find the Binding component and set the Item Hotbar in the Item View Slot Container field.
Action Required: ItemViewSlotDropActions have been improved and simplified. Create a new ItemViewSlotDropActionSet in UI Designer to automatically get the new drop actions setup correctly. It works as expected for Inventory Grid, ItemSlotCollection and Item Hotbar.
Action Required: Added Storage Menu and Chest Menu in UI Designer. To use the schema again a few steps are required. You may either remove your schema and duplicate the “Classic” schema from scratch again. (Recommended as some prefabs in the original “Classic” schema were tweaked and improved)
Or if you prefer may fix your own current schema by following the steps below
- Open UI Designer with your schema selected. There will be a warning saying that the Storage and Chest menu prefabs are missing.
- Scroll down to find the two fields missing a prefab.
- In the project view find the two prefabs “Chest Menu” and “Storage Menu” in the path: Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/UIDesignerSchemas/ClassicSchema/Prefabs
- Duplicate both of those prefabs and move them to your own schema folders.
- Finally assign the two objects you just duplicated in their respective fields within your own schema in UI Designer.
- Refresh UI Designer by pressing the “Validate” button.
- Fixed Item Definition from causing null exceptions when deleted from the Database.
- Scroll View Navigator Improvements.
- Schema improvements and fixes related to referencing demo assets.
- Added a reference to a Category Item View Set on the Move Cursor Manager to get a consistent look for drag and drop.
- Fixed null reference with the Item Action which assigns items to the hotbar when the action could not find the Item Hotbar component.
- Added new options to the Hotbar assign item action. You can now display the item name instead of the slot index and choose to toggle assign/unassign.
- Improved the Crafter and Crafting Menu components to allow easier customization.
- Added a DisplayPanelSelector component used to select a panel when hovered or when clicked.
- Added an event to enable disable “Character” input using an event. This disables Interact, UseItemHotbar and UseItemObject inputs.
- Added an option to enable/disable “Character” input when the gameplay panel is selected/unselected. This option can be set on the Inventory Input component.
- Added an option to enable/disable “PreventSelectableDeselection” when the gameplay panel is selected/unselected. This option can be set on the PreventSelectableDeselection component.
- Renamed “OpenClosePanelInfo” to “PanelEventData”.
- Made some improvements to UI Designer to use the new features.
- Fixed Item Action Bindings from allowing you to use action on items with the wrong Item Category.
- Added a new Item Info Filter to filter by category only in certain Item Collections.