Won't reload when there is small amount of ammo

drewradley

I have some guns that won't reload when I have a small amount of ammo in my inventory. I think it happens when two or more guns use the same ammo. Any thoughts?

If you want to have multiple weapons using the same ammo pickups, you may need to instead use different ammo item types for each weapon and manually force all those ammo item amounts to always be the same. (For example, an ammo item pickup would add +X to all of the ammo items at once.)

If you want to have multiple weapons using the same ammo pickups, you may need to instead use different ammo item types for each weapon and manually force all those ammo item amounts to always be the same. (For example, an ammo item pickup would add +X to all of the ammo items at once.)
I think I understand. So let's say I have three pistols that all use 9mm ammo. I would need to set each of them up with, let's call it 9mmA, 9mmB, and 9mmC. Then I would have to do some script magic to make sure when I picked up 10 9mmA rounds it would add 10 to B and C as well. And when I used B, it would reduce A &C at the same time. Correct?

Is there any plans to change this so I don't need to jump through hoops to use the same ammo in different guns?

Thanks!

Unfortunately there's no direct way through this, using the same consumable item type on multiple items is awkward because of the items being loaded at different types whilst sharing the consumable. I'd recommend you take a look at how the dual pistols are set up in the demo scene, as they are two items that do use the same ammo item type.

However, Justin will be looking into this as a reload option for a future update!