What are the optimal A* Seek Arrive Distance and AIPath End Reached Distance variables?

appminis

Something my project has struggled with is finding the optimal variables for the A* Seek task "Arrive Distance" and the A* AIPath "End Reached Distance", "Slowdown Distance" and "Pick Next Waypoint Dist"

It seems despite my attempts at various combinations, the NPC stops short on occasion and does not successfully complete the Seek task.

My current settings:

01297e0d04011a07b14b2e34edd98a89.png

AIPath:

55a13b4aa90c48663b5c7f5d80e71b48.png

What are the recommended settings for a typical use case? I do not need precision in this instance. It is much more important that the AI gets close enough to the set target to make the Task successful and then move to the next waypoint.

This is very project dependent so the easiest would be to place a breakpoint within Seek.OnUpdate and see why the task isn't ending. OnUpdate should return success when the agent is near the target.

This is very project dependent so the easiest would be to place a breakpoint within Seek.OnUpdate and see why the task isn't ending. OnUpdate should return success when the agent is near the target.

Is there a general rule that applies to best practices? Such as "Arrive Distance in BD should be the same as End Reached Distance in AIPath"?
I'm not totally understanding why you would use a different value for Arrive Distance than End Reached, except in the case of a rounding issue - like maybe Arrived should be 0.1 greater than End Reached in case the AI stops short for a weird reason.