UTPM -> UTP 5 errors on import

BJPickles

Bought UTP today and imported to get these 5 errors:
Unity 2019.4.12f (LTS)

I cleared the Asset Store cache after having the errors, but have had no luck.

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Scripts\Items\Actions\ShootableWeapon.cs(727,40): error CS1061: 'INetworkCharacter' does not contain a definition for 'Fire' and no accessible extension method 'Fire' accepting a first argument of type 'INetworkCharacter' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Scripts\Items\Actions\ShootableWeapon.cs(975,52): error CS1061: 'INetworkCharacter' does not contain a definition for 'ShootableHitscanDamage' and no accessible extension method 'ShootableHitscanDamage' accepting a first argument of type 'INetworkCharacter' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Scripts\Items\Actions\ShootableWeapon.cs(1283,40): error CS1061: 'INetworkCharacter' does not contain a definition for 'StartItemReload' and no accessible extension method 'StartItemReload' accepting a first argument of type 'INetworkCharacter' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Scripts\Items\Actions\ShootableWeapon.cs(1553,40): error CS1061: 'INetworkCharacter' does not contain a definition for 'ReloadItem' and no accessible extension method 'ReloadItem' accepting a first argument of type 'INetworkCharacter' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Scripts\Items\Actions\ShootableWeapon.cs(1673,40): error CS1061: 'INetworkCharacter' does not contain a definition for 'ItemReloadComplete' and no accessible extension method 'ItemReloadComplete' accepting a first argument of type 'INetworkCharacter' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

To follow this up, I removed Opsive FULLY from the project and I've now 244 errors. Seems for some reason the project is no longer compiling properly.

Removed, restarted etc etc. Errors go on restart, but now when I import, I get all of those 244 errors from my other assets.
1608041467576.png

Restarting upon import removes those errors, but the "editor" scripts from opsive (installer) are not in the editor window so I have to manually extract ThirdPersonController.

1608041691370.png

And finally, back to those 5 initial errors upon the import. But with no editor scripts (probably because of the errors)
1608042046015.png

Thanks for the reply. However I have already removed the asset store cache (and verified I download 2.2.7) but the errors still persist, sadly. :/

EDIT: OH. Apparently I just can't read - I'll attempt the fix now.

Last edited:
I would import into a fresh project just to get it working. Within your existing project if you clearing out the scripting define symbols and delete the opsive folder it should then be like it never existed and you can then import a new copy. If you have any integrations that depends on the character controller code you should also remove those so you don't get any compiler errors before you reimport.

EDIT - Restarted unity, all good.
Now importing (copying across) - will see result

Last edited:
I was successfully able to upgrade using the method. It's important to note that characters will need their animators changed from the UTPM to the ThirdPerson animator.

Tad bit of hassle but thank you for your help!