Error on Import: 'INetworkCharacter' does not contain a definition for 'MeleeHitCollider'

paredros

hi, i am having an error:
Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Scripts\Items\Actions\MeleeWeapon.cs(756,44): error CS1061: 'INetworkCharacter' does not contain a definition for 'MeleeHitCollider' and no accessible extension method 'MeleeHitCollider' accepting a first argument of type 'INetworkCharacter' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

i am using UFPS and Third Person Character, using both depending of the type of player

the error happens when i try to import Third Person Character controller
i am using Unity 2019.4.12f with URP on windows 10

the error appear when i try to import both

That looks like you are using an older version of the Third Person Controller.

That looks like you are using an older version of the Third Person Controller.
i am trying to download and install the current release version from the asset store, then, please, give me other answer je
Version: 2.2.7 Nov 29, 2020 is the one current on the store, the one i am trying to install and get the error.
That one is an older version? (there are no update option over the asset)
thanks in advance

2.2.7 is the latest version, it installed without errors for me.

Are you installing this in a fresh Unity project?

It is likely an issue with the package manager downloading the wrong version. I would create a new project, import TPC into that project, and verify that you are getting 2.2.7 in the package manager. You can then transfer those files to your existing project. Just to be safe I would completely delete the Opsive folder (making sure you first move anything that you stored in there).

Edit: I was able to reproduce the error when importing FPC then TPC. I had to delete the Asset Store cache in order for the package manager to download the most up to date version. After it did this I was able to import FPC then TPC successfully.

Last edited:
ja, i break everything and loose a lot of time trying to move everything from the fresh proyect to the old one. At th end the solution was easy, please try to fix the install scripts to add ULTIMATE_CHARACTER_CONTROLLER_MELEE in the symbol definition, thanks anyway