Using UCC for a third person only game character cannot be customised

adrenal36

I`m trying to build a third person action adventure game with UCC ( it`s actualy a rebuild of this : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ro.BadWolf.AvengerInfyWar , which was built with third person controller)
Initial setup was perfect with no errors, integrated final ik, all components work fine (didn`t get to configuring aim IK but all is good ).
Here come the issues:
1. I am trying to setup the character with the third person adventure movement and presets but i cannot seem to get-it to switch to that movement type in the animator ( i keep hitting play with the animator window open to see how it runs, on nolan everything runs as I would expect)

2.my first tought was that it is because i didn`t configure items, so i create the item types for a gun and a bullet, setup the weapon to be in the default loadout and i can`t seem to make-it spawn on the character.

all the setup i did was for third person only leaving blank all fields for first person, my first taught here is that i am missing something obvious.
do any of you guys have any tips on how to setup my project (third person only, setup something basic for first person idk)
i tried doing the steps from the tutorials with my own settings and also tried manually changing settings in the inpsector nothing seems to give me the desired results.
1586816664107.png1586816687202.png
1586816708908.png

If you aren't going to add first person items make sure you don't build a first person character initially. The movement type doesn't relate to the items that are equipped. If it is switching movement types then chances are it is a preset that is switching it. One way to ensure this happens is to create a new character that just has the adventure movement type added.

everything is setup in third person only, i updated today to version 2.2 because i just began my project so no big losses there.
still the same issue with third person adventure movement ( my character only uses combat movement ), but the items worked this time ( still had to manually add them to the default loadout ) if you wish i can make a video and highlight the issues, it seems like there is some unwanted behaviour, or at least this is how it seems for me, as the tutorials don`t work 100% in my case. :)

There are new 2.2 tutorials that were made with the released version so those will definitely work, but I guess that I'm not following what the issue is.

I redid everything from scratch following the tutorials and I have the same issue, in my scene even Nolan is stuck to the combat movement rather than adventure, this with both characters configured for adventure, when i try runing nolan in the demo scene he is defaulted to adventure movement i made a video,

LE: the null reference exception is from my characters inventory but the issue is persistent with or whithout it :)

Last edited:
Ahh, that animator state is unrelated to the Movement Type, it just has a similar name. That state uses the Int Data Setter ability which is a demo scene only ability. You can completely replace that animation with your own, or (recommended) start with a completely fresh animator controller and add states to it from there. Take a look at this video for how the animator controller is setup:

Thank you, this was it, could you explain the reasoning behind creating animator from scratch, my whole plan was to replace animations in the existing animator and maybe clean-up the states I don`t use after I finish the project.

This video goes into the reasoning as well as a bunch of details about the animator so you know how the parameters are changed: