Using the integration part of uis to make items

Vahalla

I have no idea where to begin, so I did the same thing as the assault rife in the tutorial, great , now when I go to try to do magic attacks nothing happens it’s in the ui says drop, there is no equip, I made the category magic, item def , went to inventory integration, did that item bond , where did I go wrong can a quick tutorial be made how to do it like this? Or do I have to do it through the ucc? Everything works fine when I did it with ucc .

Magic Items should work like any other items.
The only difference in the demo scene is that we use a special item action that let's you equip -> use -> unequip that way you can use the magic item from the hot bar, instead of equipping from the hotbar and then using with a click.

That's just the way we did it in the demo to showcase different ways you can use items. But there is nothing stopping you from using the magic items like any other items, simply setup your Item Set Rules and the Item Slot ID the way you want it to work.

I assume you've gone through the video tutorials for the integration: https://opsive.com/support/document...oller/integrations/ultimate-inventory-system/

Just like any item you can follow the "Setup Item" or "Converting Existing Ultimate Character Controller Items" steps to create your item to work with the integration.
You can find the "Fireball" prefab in the Integration demo folders. It's a magic item that is used in the integration. You'll see it is setup like any other item.

The main difference between setting up an item for UCC compared to the integration is that the integration only allows runtime added items, so they must be made into prefabs (check the "runtime pickup" documentation: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/items/runtime-pickup/).

Then to ensure you equip the item correctly you must setup your item set rules.

Let me know if that helps

I guess I should of explained this a bit clearer, I set up my new item through the integration videos you shared with me on the other post, I placed my ice ball on loadout , so it’s in the inventory, I set the parent category to be single item droppable, so it inherited the equip unequip, I set the item definitions as in the video, when I start the game it’s in the inventory, just like my sword, the difference is that the sword has equip and the ice ball does not, I have an idea I will try and keep you updated

Ok so I created a staff and as an magic item I am able to apply the cast action of my spells, I have to find a way to connect my array of spells to change out the prefab in cast actions magic projectile portion we will see if not a staff for every spell thanks tho for your help as always I have a inventory error I’ll post as soon as I can

If your sword can be equipped but not your ice ball my guess is that your ItemActionSet in your UI only specifies that it can equip only items of a certain category, which includes the sword but not the ice ball.

The Nolan in the UI is simply a Render Texture that is retrieved from another camera, and that is disaplayed using a Raw Image component:

I will definitely check that out, I took a staff and categorized it as a sword and it works so your probably right

Bro that is awesome, I copied the camera and did the raw imagine n bam upgraded my character selection and the inventory ui thank you so much you are amazing with helping ppl

Ok so I have fixed everything to fiction like the inventory video thank you, now I have this error ,
The item pistol bullet (it’s I’d number) item definition pistol bullet id()or item category ammo id() are not part of the active database.please run the ‘replace data objects’ script by right clicking on the folder with affected prefabs etc.
I have tons of these errors they were not there before until I had to delete the death match ai and the behavior designer, due to it keeps causing my game to safe mode, question is where is this folder located , I don’t use anything from the demo, as of yet, I would like to use the bow though

I also noticed when I choose a different character the inventory stays with the original character, how do I make it possible for the inventory to choose active player like the camera script for ucc

When you have errors about objects not being in the database that means you probably copied an object from one of the demo scenes and haven't converted it to your own datbase object. In some cases you can do it automatically using the "Update Scene" button on the InventorySystemManager component or right-clicking an asset in project view and pressing "Replace Database Objects".
But sometimes you need to convert things manually.
Have a look at this other post: https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/uis-ucc.6196/#post-30666
He had the same issue.

The Inventory only stays on one character... it cannot be moved unfortunatly. There are too many functionality that assumes that the Inventory is on a single character.
The best work around I can think of at the top of my head is having two inventories. One for each player and then you either have a shared inventory somewhere else, or simply move the items between the Inventories when you switch player.

Ok so repeat the same steps as my first character, so on selecting create a bool set active on the character not chosen?

I’m not even sure what I was asking now that I reread it must be about the inventory thing it’s ok. I can’t get the shield to work anything thats in the left hand, I wish there was a tutorial on it through the integration setup. I’ll try to figure out a way I usually do.

For left Hand items, make sure that your item prefab is set to be in Slot1 and that your ItemSetRule is set to put the item in Slot1 too.
Check the Demo database for reference.
I hope that helps

Feel free to send me a video (you can use streamable) showing all your steps in the inspector, perhaps from there I can see what your issue is