Using hotbar with charged item (UCC)

bashd

Hi, I am trying to use a MagicAction item with a Charged Trigger through the hotbar. The aim is to hold the hotbar hotkey to charge, and release to fire.

The problem is that releasing the hotbar hotkey doesn't do anything. The Charged Trigger waits the Use ability's button release to fire (m_UseItemAbility?.IsUseInputTryingToStop()), but the hotbar only listens for an input to use the item in its slot.

Ah that's a tricky one...
That's not something we thought about when designing the hotbar use action. Those are all in a single Execute on press.
I think that would need another approach. At the top of my head, I would probably add a custom component on my character or hotbar that would check for input. When it detects a press it would check the related Hotbar index for the item. Then from there it could decide what to do with that item.
Since that script would be seperate from the default ItemAction handler script, you'll have more control over how it starts, stops, etc...
Obviously all that would require some custom script.

Hmm I see. Before I start working on any custom scripts, is there any chance something like this will be implemented in a future update? Would always prefer an official solution over custom scripts.