UCC - Prefab Material Missing

Fizzlyclaw

Brought over from Discord. I'm not sure that this is directly related to UCC or the integration with UIS as I am choosing the item type from UIS when creating the item.

The gist of the issue is: when I create an item in UCC and try to use a prefab with a material on it for the third person visible item, the created item does not have the material on it. I can go in and edit the prefab after the fact and add it, which works fine for me, but wanted to put this out there anyway just in case anyone else runs into this or if there is some sort of bug or if I am plainly doing something wrong. .
Unity Version 2021.1.1f1
Third Person Controller 2.3.2
Ultimate Inventory System 1.1.7

I just tried to replicate this by creating a prefab of a box with a material and it kept the material without any issues.

My guess is that the issue is specific to your synth prefabs. Sometimes Unity saves prefabs in an incomplete way.
Try creating your prefab again with the material yourself. And then use that prefab when creating your weapon with the editor.
Also try to do the same as I did creating a cube prefab with a custom material and create a test item from that.

If that still doesn't work I'm afraid you will need to set the material again after creating the weapon each time.

I tried both suggestions (new prefab and both with an unrelated material) and I am afraid neither worked. No big deal, as long as I can get a material on them in some way without coding I'm happy.