The arrow will pass through colliders too close to the firepoint

wuyan

Hello,

Please see the screenshot. If the white box is within the range marked by the red box, there will be no collision. If it is outside the range (closer or farther), collision will occur.
1658861833932.png

Please see the screenshot below. If the box is at a longer distance, it will collide. But when the box is close enough, will collide also.
1658863079021.png

When I shoot this arrow with rifle. There will be no problem.

I'm not sure. The above description is my guess after the test. This problem can be tested in the TPC demo scene when Nonan shoots the floor near his feet with the bow. The arrow may go through the floor.

The problem in the demo scene is not so serious and obvious. But maybe the root cause of the problem is the same.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I could reproduce the issue in the demo scene, and ask Justin to look into it. The assault rifle uses a hit scan to detect collisions (i.e. at the time of shooting, it already detects where an object is hit). If you use a projectile, the collision is checked every frame based on the actual position of the projectile.

I could reproduce the issue in the demo scene, and ask Justin to look into it. The assault rifle uses a hit scan to detect collisions (i.e. at the time of shooting, it already detects where an object is hit). If you use a projectile, the collision is checked every frame based on the actual position of the projectile.
Hello ChristianWiele, any progress on this problem?

We will be releasing an update shortly after the v3 release and I have this on my list to look at then. I'll let you know if it happens to be a quick change.