Swimming Pack

Sarah

Administrator
Staff member
We've started on our next ability add-on which will be the swimming pack. The goal of this add-on so far encompasses these abilities:
  • Surface swimming
  • Underwater swimming
  • Diving from any height
  • Entering/Exiting the water transitions
  • Drowning
We've also discussed adding weapon abilities, such as a harpoon and all of the animations that go along with that.

If anyone has any feedback on what you would expect in a swimming add-on that's not listed here please let us know!

Sarah

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!! been waiting all summer for swimming. ^^
I suppose shooting while in the water is possible, right? Just want to make sure.
Cheers!
Nice - glad to hear that! Yes shooting in the water will be included.

Hamesh

Very excited to see weapons added to swimming. I would love an option to restrict what weapons can be used while swimming as oppose to normal traversal eg. an RPG might be ok for when walking around, but not realistic while swimming, while a pistol on other hand can be easily wielded in both cases. Another useful mechanic would be auto unequipping/holstering weapons when moving while swimming, and re-equipping/unholstering when not moving in the water to allow for aiming and shooting.

Matt

Hmm, I just remembered that Battlefield has the ability to have your pistol out while you're half submerged in the water. It only worked with pistols, and you had to have a perk enabled for that to be 'active'. As soon as you started swimming fast (freestyle vs breaststroke) you'd de-equip the pistol and you'd basically be armless until you slowed down and then clicked to bring out your pistol again. So having some sort of mechanism like that might be handy, because I doubt any character would be able to operate something like a AK-12 while submerged.

Then again there were underwater guns, both ARs and pistols...

JacobDSiler

The only thing I'd like to see in addition would be very configurable breath amounts. Just so that air power-ups or air tanks would be simple to add. :)

DankP3

Hi All, for WIP discussion of this pack and progress updates, there is now a discord channel for more interactive discussion. Thanks