Stationary/Vehicle Weapons

FastSkillTeam

1. How do we make a weapon that is not a part of characters inventory, like a fixed position mg, or a weapon attached to a vehicle? It's all my enter exit script lacks in v2 as i have essentially coded all of what battlefield has in ufps v1 I had it all working and am converting my script for v2

2. [3:36 PM]
    as for now I have multiplayer synced seats etc working everything up until firing the weapon

Since the weapon isn't added to the character I would create a new ability that interacts with the weapon on your vehicle.

Hi Justin, thanks for the reply. I have already made my own drive ability that has passenger seats, unlimited amounts... I just figured out a way of doing it, I made new view type to incorporate. everything working perfect so far, now I just need the firing of the weapon more like the character firing for ease of synchronisation, I may just whack the rpcs in along with the seating rpcs, but would be nice to have it as if the weapon is "attached" to the character but not truely attached. For now I could just find where to set the projectile/damage source and fire my own rpc for the firing I guess. Any ideas from here would be great. I would love to release this as a true vehicle ability for UCC, it works with or without RCC also

The item system isn't really built for this type of situation so I think that it does make sense for them to be separate. It would be more work to join the two, and I don't think that you'd get much benefit since the instantiation code is pretty simple. If you use a projectile then it will automatically be able to use the surface manager.

I would love to release this as a true vehicle ability for UCC, it works with or without RCC also
That sounds awesome!

Here is a quick demonstration offline... everything you see here works online also, weapons not completed but they are firing