State configuration only copy's partially

JohnG

I posted this on discord as well.

I am playing around with state configuration by checking out https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/editors/state-configuration/

The issue I am having is that only a portion of the states are being copied over. Check the following two images...

This is the profile I created from the demo scene

ucc1.png

This is the camera inspector on a new scene:

ucc2.png

So it cuts off at ThirdPersonCombat. I have tried removing the grayed out "DefaultCameraController", however this does nothing to help the situation.

That looks correct - the other states are being applied to the view types rather than the camera controller component.

So you can only copy 1 from 3rd person and 1 from 1st person. In other words you can not copy combat and adventure for 3rd person and put it on the camera for your new scene? This is what I am trying to do and I cant get it to work.

You can. A lot of the states from the top screenshot are are on the view types (such as Body, AimKatana, AimKnife, etc). Those states will appear on the view type if you have that view type added. The bottom screenshot is from the Camera Controller component and only the Camera Controller states were added.