Split up the camera from Opsive functionality

AndrzejGieralt

Hello! I just started using opsive to not have to worry about player movement and to integrate it with Rewired. However, I'd really like to have full control over the camera because of the way I'm using to doing camera animations. What I'd like to do is have it hooked up to an empty, have the empty hooked up to another empty that does the actual rotation, then have the inner empty "peak" left and right, then have the camera itself animate. I don't want to have to deal with making sure I line things up with all the right events and all that. I also dislike how the system seems to overwrite the camera's position, it seems like it is too far forward - there's probably a setting for this but it would be great to just let opsive handle the movement while I implement everything else the way I'm used to.

Thank you!

For this you can create your own View Type and have complete control over the camera:

Hello! I just started using opsive to not have to worry about player movement and to integrate it with Rewired. However, I'd really like to have full control over the camera because of the way I'm using to doing camera animations. What I'd like to do is have it hooked up to an empty, have the empty hooked up to another empty that does the actual rotation, then have the inner empty "peak" left and right, then have the camera itself animate. I don't want to have to deal with making sure I line things up with all the right events and all that. I also dislike how the system seems to overwrite the camera's position, it seems like it is too far forward - there's probably a setting for this but it would be great to just let opsive handle the movement while I implement everything else the way I'm used to.

Thank you!
I see, thank you - this will take some research I suppose, I don't know how these integrate into the system and I don't see any references to view types on the generated game object. If I figure this out maybe it will be what I need.

View Types are on the Camera Controller component. They are used to tell the camera where to move.