Spawning New Character

homeros

I'm trying to implement multiplayer to my UFPS game and started by spawning a new character on game join. But I get errors from CameraController and various CharacterController the moment I instantiate the new character (even in a local game with no networking). Is there a utility for this that I'm missing? Because as it stands now, it's really hard to even play the game if I don't set a character before playing.

What I did was package all of the character logic, including the camera, game, and character controllers into the Player prefab itself. Then on spawn, only enable/disable specific components, depending on whether it is the local or remote player. Versus, simply spawning the character. Otherwise, I, like you, experienced the errors.

Hey, sorry for noticing this a bit late. I guess my only choice is to follow what you did too. If you don't mind, which components did you disable when it's a remote play?

You'll want to disable the standard stuff on the remote player, like the camera and input system, as well as the whole Game GameObject, the character locomotion and locomotion handler.