Something strange happend

Larsson24

Was working on the terrain and started the game. I walked around and crawl/duck and then notice weird animation in first person. I quit and when I looked at the character it was now in a very strange position, hanging upside down far behind the arms. When I start to play again, the legs are walking in the air over the head.

Have no idea how this happend. Do anyone now how I can fix this?

First image (floating character) is in editor. Second image is from when the game is playing.

Skärmbild 2022-05-23 185602.jpgSkärmbild 2022-05-23 185711-2.jpg

I have never seen this occur before. If you disable CharacterIK does it work? If it doesn't then it's animation related.

I have never seen this occur before. If you disable CharacterIK does it work? If it doesn't then it's animation related.
Haha no this is super weird. I wasn't even working on the character when this happend. He has been working for month before this.
Disabling CharacterIK did work in run time. However, I don't know what to correct in IK to permantly fix it. Maybe I will just create a new character and manually recreate my custom abilities and settings. Unless you know of a quick fix of course.

If disabling IK fixes it then it's a layer issue. You can adjust the layers that IK affects on the component or adjust which layers the character is colliding with.

Somehow all the transforms values of the rig had randomly changed. I imported an older character version prefab and copy & paste all values from the old to the current and that fixed it. Weird! But great that we manage to fix it. Thank you! :)