Some beginner questions. Related to camera & setup.

ttesjt

Hi! What's up developers?

I downloaded the Third person controller today and I am having some basic questions. I read the documentations but I can't find obvious answers to my questions. I really understand that you guys are busy. So I apologize for asking here instead of experimenting more. I am on a situation that my game's demo is overdue, and I am really not happy with the current controller in my game. So in the last minute, I decided to go with the Opsive third person controller. I have to make it ASAP so I really don't have the time to dig in and learn properly at the moment.

Q1: I am using the Third person Adventure view type. How to make the camera hard focus on character? Means no matter how fast I move the mouse, the character stay at the center/fix position of the screen. Currently, when I move the mouse, the character's screen position will be moved to achieve some smooth damping effect. I do not want it. What properties should I look at to change it?

Q2: I used to use the Unity Cinemachine to control the camera. It somehow doesn't handle the collision that well in some narrow environments like caves. Opsive is great at this. To make things workout in the shortest time, I'd really want to just use the "camera controller" + "adventure view type". So I can leave the rest character mechanisms untouched just for now. I wonder if this is possible to do without messing up too much with existing codes? If so, where should I look at first?

Q3: My old controller has an IK behaviors system scripted and setup using final IK. My old IK scripts and events are depending on Final IK. I love the Opsive' way of foot Ik and feet placement. I wonder if I can use the foot Ik only for my character, and use my own IK for all the others?

Again, my questions are probably very fundamental and I actually feel sorry to ask them. It's because I am very short in time at the moment. I appreciate your help and time very much! Thank you in advance!

Hello,

Q1: I am using the Third person Adventure view type. How to make the camera hard focus on character? Means no matter how fast I move the mouse, the character stay at the center/fix position of the screen. Currently, when I move the mouse, the character's screen position will be moved to achieve some smooth damping effect. I do not want it. What properties should I look at to change it?
You can adjust the Position Smoothing on the Adventure View Type.

Q2: I used to use the Unity Cinemachine to control the camera. It somehow doesn't handle the collision that well in some narrow environments like caves. Opsive is great at this. To make things workout in the shortest time, I'd really want to just use the "camera controller" + "adventure view type". So I can leave the rest character mechanisms untouched just for now. I wonder if this is possible to do without messing up too much with existing codes? If so, where should I look at first?
The camera controller does require the included character controller. It would take a lot of changes to the existing code in order to break this dependency.

Q3: My old controller has an IK behaviors system scripted and setup using final IK. My old IK scripts and events are depending on Final IK. I love the Opsive' way of foot Ik and feet placement. I wonder if I can use the foot Ik only for my character, and use my own IK for all the others?
There is a FinalIK integration that you can use for the character controller. With that you should be able to get back a lot of the existing functionality you already have since you are modifying FinalIK.

Thank you Justin! Opsive controller is the best. Replaced the other paid controller. I should use opsive at the first place.