[Solved]UCC & UIC integration issue.

Grankor

I've tried searching boards, and went through docs and tutorials, and I feel like it's something simple....

Following the steps on integration video, I can't seem to solve this error when dropping.
"Item Pickup Prefab is null on the Drop Item Action."

Where is the DropItemAction defined?

I don't see this field on the Character. On the Item itself, there is a Property called DropPrefab, which has a prefab in it, but doesn't seem to effect the inventory system.

Are you using the "CharacterDropItemAction" or "CharacterQuantityDropItemAction"? When using the integration the character drops the item slightly differently compared to using pure UIS.

1616484476231.png

If you defined a pure UIS drop Item Action instead you would set the pickup prefab within the item action. Instead you should use the Character drop item action.
When you do the pickup prefab is defined on the Inventory Bridge component and also on the UCC Item Prefab there is a field to point to an Item pickup prefab specific to that item.

I hope that helps

Are you using the "CharacterDropItemAction" or "CharacterQuantityDropItemAction"? When using the integration the character drops the item slightly differently compared to using pure UIS.

View attachment 5439

If you defined a pure UIS drop Item Action instead you would set the pickup prefab within the item action. Instead you should use the Character drop item action.
When you do the pickup prefab is defined on the Inventory Bridge component and also on the UCC Item Prefab there is a field to point to an Item pickup prefab specific to that item.

I hope that helps
That does help :)

I found the answer, but forgot to update the post.
While I was looking through the forums, I saw a reference to the integration demo scene. (Hadn't realized it was there.)

Ran the demo and it did more-or-less what I wanted with respect the items, so I used the included items as a reference for what I'm building. :)