[SOLVED] Split Screen Inventory Menu Control Issue

Lockes_TheThief

So, I followed the instructions Sangemdoko gave me on discord and almost got the split screen working for the UIS. I am also using the UCC (Third Person Only).
I attached a google drive link to the video. As you can see here, the controller can work on the menu, but not the inventory items. Also, I noticed that player 2 can control player 1's menu when they both have it up. All help is greatly appreciated.

I'm linking the split screen documentation here in case someone else stumbles onto this thread:

So it would seem that your selection never goes to your Item View Slots. Normally pressing the Inventory button should select the first element in the Grid.

Are you using Rewired or the new Unity input system?

If you plug a single controller does your player 1 UI work? Does it work if you disable/remove the player 2 UI? If not, then the issue might not be related to the UI being split.

Double check that your Inventory Grid Panel has the option to select the slot on open:
1620890686248.png

You are using an Inventory Grid and not an Item Hotbar right?

Maybe I should re-do it because I don't have Inventory Grid. I did delete a lot of things in order to make it fit the split screen, but this was before I saw your post on the documentation about them. I am using the Unity Input System. The 1st player Inventory doesn't work when there is one controller.

Okay, so I re-did the whole inventory system following along with your post and that image. My grid is set up properly but I still can't make the items in my inventory selectable. And it still looks like Player 2 is controlling Player 1's input on the inventory.

That's weird...

Would you mind trying out the scene I attached below. It's a scene I setup for co-op and works correctly with two controllers. It doesn't use UCC, but that really shouldn't affect the Inventory UI.

Let me now if the scene I sent you works and if it does try comparing your UI setup with mine.

Attachments

• Split Screen Demo.unitypackage
    198.1 KB · Views: 1
It does work. Only thing that is off is that player 2, when they switch to inventory it takes up the whole screen.

Attachments

• 3D_2021 - Split Screen Demo - PC, Mac & Linux Standalone - Unity 2019.4.1f1 Personal _DX11_ 5_...png
    3D_2021 - Split Screen Demo - PC, Mac & Linux Standalone - Unity 2019.4.1f1 Personal _DX11_ 5_...png
    306.8 KB · Views: 3
I think I got it working. On the Input System UI Module, Player 2's Action Assets have to be set to "None" for some reason (I noticed this on your demo). When I set mine to None, basically by unselecting and selecting again, Player 2 was able to select her inventory properly. Now I just gotta set up Actions and get them to work correctly.