[SOLVED] AI Bowman

vindicatethis

Hello,

I'm trying to create ai archers; and I followed the video instructions to the t.

But when (and if) the archers in my game spot my player, they just take a stance and not fire at all.
(I've tried updating the use ability to make one for each slot, doesn't work).

Has anyone done this before, and if so can they help me?

So, and update.

I've started from the top with a simple behavior tree. And now I can get my archer to shoot.

However, I just can't get him to reload for another shot.

Any help as to how I can get it to work would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Here's the inspector:

Attachments

• treeProbReload.png
    treeProbReload.png
    163 KB · Views: 8
Maybe this thread will help with your first issue?

For reload can you insert a breakpoint within the reload task and see what part it fails on?

Maybe this thread will help with your first issue?

For reload can you insert a breakpoint within the reload task and see what part it fails on?
Thanks for the reply.

I've tried the thread with the first issue and concluded that it was the bow that just wasn't working well with the deathmatch ai kit.

I've also inserted a breakpoint within the reload task, and that helped identify the problem, thank you ^^

The "Start Stop Use" was happening almost at the same time as reload I noticed, so putting in a Wait task between them has solved the problem.

Once again, thank you.

I'm having the same problem with an archer AI not firing. The AI does spot my player and the AI tree says that it is attacking the player. I would like to figure out why this is not working. The thread about the bots not attacking only seams to solve the setup video not working with the assault rifle. But that still doesn't solve the bow issue. I have changed the slot in the Attack task to slot 1. My understanding from the video is that once an item has been added to the AI using the Item Creator, the Deathmatch Agent should use it once it is added to its Available Weapons. @vindicatethis has a solution that works with BD, but it's not one that works with the Deathmatch AI Kit. Any help would be appreciated.

The bow is in slot 1 by default so make sure you have a use ability for that slot. Before adding it to AI you should first go through the shootable weapon video and make sure you can first set it up with a player character.

I ended up using the behavior tree example above and the bow does fire and reload properly only on the second time the Start/Stop use task returns false and doesn't fire a second time. Use slot one on the NPC says that it is active.