Slot0ItemStateIndexChange trigger stuck

zombieNinjas

Hello,

I'm creating a custom animator controller, doing my best to use the documentation and the demo controller as a guide, but I've hit a snag.

While creating attack states, I've noticed that when attacking in rapid succession, the Slot0ItemStateIndexChange trigger gets stuck in the on position and the Slot0ItemStateIndex and Slot0ItemSubstateIndex won't reset back to 0.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else? Any ideas on a root cause or advice on a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Do your animations have the same events on them that were on the original animation? For example:

1590976122968.png

What are you trying to do when it gets stuck? Do you get any errors?

Yes, they have both the OnAnimatorItemUse and the OnAnimatorItemUseComplete events. This was a problem I ran into prior to this post and was able to resolve by looking though the documentation.

The issue appears to have stemmed from a lack of "any state" transitions to the subsequent attack states in my new animator controller.Basically, the only way to get to the second attack state in the combo was directly from the first state. So, when you triggered an attack while the animator was transitioning back to idle, it didn't have any connection to resolve that action, which meant the state wasn't being reset afterwards.

So I think we're good.