Slomotion by Time.timeScale

Gubernator

Hello there!

how do I add a slomotion to the game correctly? I tried after a Time.timeScal, but the cursor behaves too late, with a delay. I tried to use it through the demo level, but the same thing

Pls help.

Are you running version 3.1? There were some time related improvements in that version. Besides that, what do you mean the cursor behaves too late?

Hello Justin,
I have 2.4.5 version of FPS character controller, i didn't buy new 3.0 version.
In video you can see Debug.log of Time.timeScale from 1 -> 0.2f when i press button, and while I was moving the mouse in the same movements, this delay is clearly visible.

Ah, there have been a lot of improvements in version 3 and version 2 is no longer supported. The time aspect is one of the areas that was focused on so I recommend updating.

my game is about 80% finished. I have a couple of questions about your recommendation:
1) if I upgrade to the new version, will there be any problems (also i use BD with movement and deathmatch integration)
2) are there any discounts from you for owners of the previous version? bought in May 2021

If you are 80% complete I do not recommend updating. While the controller architecture is similar there are a lot of differences and you will likely need to rework a lot of your logic. All of the items will need to be remade from scratch. While version 2 is no longer supported I do offer extended support at an hourly rate. If you're interested in that aspect please email support@opsive.com.

1) if I upgrade to the new version, will there be any problems (also i use BD with movement and deathmatch integration)
It's really hard to say. All of the integrations have been reworked for version 3, but there are many differences between version 2. This page has more details: https://opsive.com/support/document...er/getting-started/version-3-migration-guide/

2) are there any discounts from you for owners of the previous version? bought in May 2021
Yes, there is. The Asset Store will show you the lowest price if you are logged in.