Serilization issue when integrate UIS into DOTS project.

filod

I'm tring to use UIS in a hybrid way that bake data into Entities , then reconstruct it in ECS world at runtime. but i found that UIS use a custom Serialization solution (which source code is not provided) will cause unity crash (cyclic deps maybe) , so i'm wondering is there any workaround to support ECS situation?

Last edited:
I'm afraid I do not know.
I'm not familiar with the DOTS workflow yet, even less with potential issues it could cause.

Could you send us the crash log? That might help us figure something out.

But first, why do you need to move all the serialized data to ECS? Couldn't you just take the necessary data, like the item ID, quantity, relevant attributes, etc..

No matter what code is run Unity shouldn't crash. I recommend submitting a bug report to them. We haven't used inventory in an ECS project so I'm not sure how it should perform. With that said, I would have assumed that with a hybrid project the MonoBehaviour objects still behave the same. This sounds like a bug report for Unity.

I'm afraid I do not know.
I'm not familiar with the DOTS workflow yet, even less with potential issues it could cause.

Could you send us the crash log? That might help us figure something out.

But first, why do you need to move all the serialized data to ECS? Couldn't you just take the necessary data, like the item ID, quantity, relevant attributes, etc..
i believe it's a bug on unity side, ecs can not handle Cyclic depencies in Opsive's `Serilization` class. at last i stop using subscene workflow with UIS, and authoring ECS at runtime, right now it works fine. thanks any way.