Rocket launcher projectile going sideways (UCC 3)

zented

Hello, in the demo scene, the rocket launcher projectile is going sideways when the character is firing while he is moving.
But when the character is not moving, the rocket is shot in the right direction.
Here is a video where I just added a sphere as a target.

Is that a desired behaviour? How can I make it always shoot in the right direction?

Last edited:
Are you running version 3.0.6? This was improved in that version and I just tried to reproduce it but wasn't able to. When I am walking forward and shoot at a sphere in the air it hits similarly to not walking forward.

I was not running that version. Since I updated to version 3.0.6, the problem is gone in the demo scene.
But I still have the problem in my game that also runs the version 3.0.6. Although it's a bit different than in the video, the rocket doesn't go to the left or to the right. When I shoot while going forward, the rocket goes a little lower and when I shoot going backward, the rocket goes a little higher.
Any idea where I could look?

That is likely expected. When the rocket fires it uses the character's forward velocity as a starting value. This is set when the projectile spawns.

Ok, so how can I configure it so the rocket goes exactly where I aim no matter if the character is moving?

This isn't a configurable option but we'll look into it for the next update. This modification will be to the ProjectileFire method within ProjectileShooter