RideAble How

comangallc

I read the manual its to vague & this is one of the best new features & there isn't a tutorial. I copied the horse from the demo, & I copied the player everything. This is a new very important feature that I need someone tell me how to use it before I have to regret the upgrade

The issue I have is this

EventHandler.GetActionList error: target object cannot be null.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Events.EventHandler:GetActionList(Object, String) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Events/EventHandler.cs:152)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Events.EventHandler:UnregisterEvent(Object, String, Action`2) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Events/EventHandler.cs:741)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.MeleeWeapon:OnDestroy() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/MeleeWeapon.cs:938)

Characters array resized. For best performance increase the size of the Start Character Count variable within the Kinematic Object Manager to a value of at least 3.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager:RegisterCharacterInternal(UltimateCharacterLocomotion) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:442)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager:RegisterCharacter(UltimateCharacterLocomotion) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:430)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:OnEnable() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:618)

Warning: Ride has a higher priority then the MoveTowards ability. This will cause unintended behavior.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.MoveTowards:StartMoving(AbilityStartLocation[], Ability) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/MoveTowards.cs:91)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:TryStartAbility(Ability, Boolean, Boolean) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1126)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:TryStartAbility(Ability, Boolean) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1041)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:TryStartAbility(Ability) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1030)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler:TryStartAbility(Ability) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:231)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler:UpdateAbilityInput(Ability[]) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:128)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler:UpdateAbilityInput() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:98)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler:Update() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:73)

That first error looks unrelated to ride. Did you add a melee weapon previously?

Warning: Ride has a higher priority then the MoveTowards ability. This will cause unintended behavior.
Ride should have a lower priority than the Move Towards ability so the character can move towards the ability start location.

Taking things one step at a time, try going through the melee video again and getting the sword working. From there you can add the rideable object.