Replacing idle animation

bento

I'm learning to replacing animation using TPC. Start from idle animation with random animations from mixamo using Gestures Pack, create new animator controller and setup Idle SubStateMachine and BlendTree following the animator controller from demo, and set each animations from Gestures Pack with following parameters from demo as example (MovementSetID set as 0 since this Idle is only animation in controller). But I have problems :

1. How to configure Idle ability to run animations only 1 time, not loop, then continue next random or sequence animation ?
    • Can we setup without code ?
    • If we must use code, please give example or clue of the steps
  2. When use AbilityFloatData, it will change change directly using number 0, 1 and 2 based on total animations on BlendTree, how to make it smooth when transition from 0 to 1 incrementally for example 0.1, then BlendTree will playing it smooth.
  3. I'm thinking when each animation `unchecked` for Loop setting, then it will play animation 1 time and wait for next, but it is not. It just clip seems 0.1 seconds for each animation when AbilityFloatData changed.
Please give advice. Thanks

1608791823760.png

How to configure Idle ability to run animations only 1 time, not loop, then continue next random or sequence animation ?
  • Can we setup without code ?
  • If we must use code, please give example or clue of the steps
The current Idle setup will randomly switch without waiting for an animation to end. One way you may be able to solve it without scripting is to have the state transition within the animator controller have an end time, and then it would switch to the next float data index. If that doesn't work then it will take a new ability: https://opsive.com/support/document...r-controller/character/abilities/new-ability/

When use AbilityFloatData, it will change change directly using number 0, 1 and 2 based on total animations on BlendTree, how to make it smooth when transition from 0 to 1 incrementally for example 0.1, then BlendTree will playing it smooth.
You'll need to modify Idle.DetermineAbilityFloatDataValue.

I'm thinking when each animation `unchecked` for Loop setting, then it will play animation 1 time and wait for next, but it is not. It just clip seems 0.1 seconds for each animation when AbilityFloatData changed.
The float data value changes based on the ability and the Idle ability does not check if a current animation is complete.