Raycast Ability

Flamehead

I'm building multiple abilities that have AbilityStart logic that is reliant on raycast hit information. I need these raycasts to run before the other abilities because they tell the latter abilities if they can start. The only idea I had was to create a concurrent state that was active all of the time and would be a container for all of my raycasts. Is there a better way or is this concurrent raycast ability a good idea?

You could either have the raycasts run within CanStartAbility or InactiveUpdate. If you want to use a single raycast you could have a single ability run the raycast and then have all of the other abilities reference that ability, or use a static method that a single ability or another component calls.

You could either have the raycasts run within CanStartAbility or InactiveUpdate. If you want to use a single raycast you could have a single ability run the raycast and then have all of the other abilities reference that ability, or use a static method that a single ability or another component calls.
Perfect, thank you!