Ragdoll, Respawn and Revive

AntL

Hey there, I'm adding the respawn functinality and hit a couple of issues.

1. My character has a ragdoll ability attached. I'd say approximately 50% of the time he dies (usually when he collides with more complex geometry), the ragdoll ability is triggered but will remain active even after respawn, so he immediately collapses again. Is there a supported way to prevent this or should I just insert a stopability call somewhere?
2. I'd like to synchronise the logic so when my character dies, the ragdoll is activated, a valid spawnpoint is selected and then the revive ability is called and triggers from the selected spawn point. Should this just 'work', or is it worth creating a bespoke ability to trigger these as required? I appreciate there are delays to start the revive but it's not reliable given the fact that the ragdoll doesn't have a defined abort time.

Thanks
Ant

1. My character has a ragdoll ability attached. I'd say approximately 50% of the time he dies (usually when he collides with more complex geometry), the ragdoll ability is triggered but will remain active even after respawn, so he immediately collapses again. Is there a supported way to prevent this or should I just insert a stopability call somewhere?
Respawn should stop when the character dies. Can you reproduce this within the demo scene?

or is it worth creating a bespoke ability to trigger these as required?
The revive ability isn't meant to work with the ragdoll ability. The thinking on this is that the revive ability requires the character to be starting at a predetermined animation, while the ragdoll will move the character into any orientation. The revive ability will work with the die ability.

If you want to go this route you'll likely need to create a new ability that correctly reorients the character's limbs.