Questions about UFPS 1 & 2 and custom code compatibilities.

Arashi

Hello everyone, I am an owner of the original UFPS and now recently I have received UFPS2. I was considering purchasing the addons for swimming and agility but after experimenting i noticed something concerning. It seems in the new version the UFPS system is dedicated to either a shooter like I have or a melee system which is another asset altogether. I have two questions, first has anyone tried to use the original UFPS melee code with the new system as a temporary solution? My second question is if anyone could direct me to any documentation for this system using custom Melee code? I understand you would like me to purchase the the full system but I feel like i should be able to understand my limitations and not just the possibilities before i consider spending another $200 on top of the two versions of UFPS and their add-on packs.

Thank you for your time and help with this dilemma
Arashi H.

first has anyone tried to use the original UFPS melee code with the new system as a temporary solution?
The version 1 melee system was considered beta and version 2 is completely different from version 1.

My second question is if anyone could direct me to any documentation for this system using custom Melee code?
I recommend looking at the flashlight for a small example of a UsableItem. MeleeWeapons are UsableItems and the flashlight component provides a small example.

I understand you would like me to purchase the the full system but I feel like i should be able to understand my limitations and not just the possibilities before i consider spending another $200 on top of the two versions of UFPS and their add-on packs.
You can just pay the difference so to upgrade to the First Person Controller is $30. You don't need the full UCC package.

The version 1 melee system was considered beta and version 2 is completely different from version 1.

I recommend looking at the flashlight for a small example of a UsableItem. MeleeWeapons are UsableItems and the flashlight component provides a small example.

You can just pay the difference so to upgrade to the First Person Controller is $30. You don't need the full UCC package.
Thank you for all the information, I decided to give the new melee system a try with the smaller upgrade package.