Quadruped Blitz feet IK issue

mellogrand

Hi, great environment. Just wondering if you could provide some suggestions on proper handling of feet terrain IK for quadrupeds/generic.
As you can see in the image attached terrain grounding is not correct with Blitz.
I have not tested it as a non rideable character, but I suspect that this might happen also in that case. Animal Controller by Malbert has separate hips and chest pivots to handle this.
As in my project I have both humanioids and animals, can I use UCC and AnimalController together or I should stick to UCC and add Final IK to handle feet grounding?

One more thing. I plan to use the new rigging animation package from Unity for some animations. As it adds to Animator I assume this should not interfere too much with UCC. Any idea if this is true in practice?
many thanks

sergio from italy

Attachments

• Blitz.png
    Blitz.png
    669.1 KB · Views: 1
As in my project I have both humanioids and animals, can I use UCC and AnimalController together or I should stick to UCC and add Final IK to handle feet grounding?
I do not think that you'll be able to use both the Malbers and our controller. I'd take the route of using FinalIK.

One more thing. I plan to use the new rigging animation package from Unity for some animations. As it adds to Animator I assume this should not interfere too much with UCC. Any idea if this is true in practice?
I haven't tried it yet so let us know. If it only works with the Animator then you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks Justin, I am now testing Animation Rigging for this and other issues. I will let you know about results.
bye
sergio