Problem installing the Character Controller

kenwilliams

Help! I've been trying all evening to install the character controller. The download and import from the asset store goes fine. And then when I do the import from your package it seems to go fine, but then hangs forever on Iteration 2 (see below).

I am a "plus" subscriber to unity and I've tried in both the 2019 and 2020 versions of Unity. I'm running Windows 10.

Any ideas for me?

-Ken Williams

2020-11-29_19-57-17.jpg

How long have you left it in this state? Fresh installs have taken quite a while for me, especially on my (less-powerful) work laptop. If you're using a non-SSD hard drive it'll likely take quite a bit longer. Also make sure your hard drive space isn't starting to get low. Sorry for the potentially obvious suggestions, but these things can make a big difference.

I have an ssd drive. I tried the install again today and received this error. I deleted the package, and redownloaded...

1606781964997.png

After that the install hung on "iteration 2" .. so .. I waited for an hour. No luck.

I went back and imported again, deselecting the DEMO. It worked!

So .. at this point, I am moving...

-Ken W

After installing without the "demo" I went back and installed the demo -- it worked! And, the demo plays fine.

So .. Ignore this whole post, and .. I have no idea what happened, or why.

I'm up and running now.

-Ken W