Poor performance on mobile devices

arenoo

Hey everyone, Is there a way to make the bots more optimized? I am using deathmatch ai kit default tree in an almost blank scene with 8 bots and the phone gets thermally throttled down (iphone 8). I am even willing to sacrifice some of behavior quality over performance. Is there something like a "Mobile Version" boolean that I can toggle or maybe some easy hacks that I can apply? Btw I know that I can lower the behavior designer tick rate, but that is my last option. The profiler shows that more than half of cpu resources are used by FixedUpdate.ScriptRunBehhaviorFixedUpdate

I added 30 bots to see clearly what is happening. Profiler screenshots from below are captured from iphone 8 with 30 bots (about 5 fps).
1691421151308.png1691421319080.png

Last edited:
Let's pretend the onImpact issue is gone, now even when the bots are not shooting the frame times are still extremely high, I profiled some more and found out that the main problem is in AnimatorMonitor.UpdateAnimatorParameters() function. It is extremely heavy to execute. Is there a way to optimize it even with some compromises?

Are you sure UpdateAnimatorParameters is causing a problem? All it does is set some parameter values. There is nothing there that would take any considerable amount of time. If it is UpdateAnimatorParameters, what does the hierarchy look like?