Playmaker Integration Errors

BrandonDeVITO

Hello there!

I admit I'm getting a bit flustered, so please bear with me.

THE PROBLEM
PlayMaker's events are stifled buy UCC, especially when it comes to collision based events. I'm using Inventory Pro (Which I am aware does not integrate with Ultimate Character Controller). My solution was to create a very simple PlayMaker machine which causes an item to be picked up. However, with both PlayMaker and UCC installed, playmaker's collision events don't function.

I know that PlayMaker's functionality is broken by UCC, because the Playmaker Icon does not appear within the Game View when both are installed, and the Debug view in the Game window can't be seen.

MY ATTEMPT TO FIX IT
Obviously, I should therefore install the PlayMaker integration for UCC. However, when I install the integration, I'm getting a single Namespace Error.

Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Integrations/Playmaker/AssignCharacter.cs(20,17): error CS0118: `CameraController' is a `namespace' but a `type' was expected

I attempted to rename the line in the AssignCharacter.cs from namespace Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.Playmaker to public class Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.Playmaker : MonoBehavior and only made it worse.

Then, when I Close and Reopen the Editor the integration is preventing the editor from loading the majority of my content, with a mouseover for a broken MonoBehavior on each of the top level items in the Scene View.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what it is I need to do to get PlayMaker and UCC playing nicely together?

There was a conflict, which I've now removed. There were a handful of CameraController scripts in other folders that I was able to remove.

Now that that's done, I'm still failing to get any collision events to fire.

Because of the way that Collision Events are handled within UCC, is there a FAQ somewhere which handles the Collisions for events within UCC? I know that UCC uses the Rigidbody, so I can physically interact with it (Bounce it around, etc.) But the colliders don't seem to register contact with the Player.

It's making it so that No Playmaker events trigger with UCC installed. Thoughts?

This product was purchased as a core controller due to its Playmaker Integration, but the integration list doesn't contain any actions pertaining to Triggers or Collisions for UCC.

THE CORE ASK
If you have any suggestions on how to get an event to fire an FSM when the player comes in contact with it, I would be most appreciative. FSMs (Playmaker Machines) which are built with player collisions activate before UCC is installed, and then when I install UCC, the collisions no longer fire. I've tried using the Player Collision Tag, as well as the Sub-Character, and the Default, and it doesn't seem to acknowledge that the player is coming into contact with the event.

I've tried triggers on (Rigidbody for physics, Box Collider for Tags and not Falling through the world, and Sphere Collider as Trigger.) and can't get the event to see that the player is making contact.

I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing. But can't for the life of me figure out how to trigger it.

The character controller never actually collides with an object so you will not receive the OnCollisionEnter callback. Triggers should work though if the character is within one - I haven't used the Playmaker trigger tasks but I've used OnTriggerEnter many times and that is the same callback that Playmaker would use.