Pick up system at run time : Demo scene method

Hello,

Hope you're doing well. i have some questions about the third person character demo scene :

i've been exploring the demo scene when i realized that the pick up system used is different from the one on the video (run time pick up system)

in the demo scene the item is already attached to the character it's only deactivated in run time play and that different from the video, because in the video we don't specify the character when we try to create a pickup item :

the second thing the object pick up used don't have an item pick up set (different from the video) :

Can you please explain to me the method used in the demo scene ?

thanks in advance.

cordially
utero stud

Attachments

• image(1).png
    image(1).png
    267.5 KB · Views: 5
  • image.png
    image.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 3
There are 2 basic kinds of items: ones that are already added to the character, and "runtime pickup" items, which are prefabs that aren't attached to the character until they are added to the inventory during runtime. So you might be getting mixed up between "runtime pickup" items, and item pickups that allow you to pickup an item during runtime... the naming is a bit confusing there indeed.

The Bow in the demo scene is an example of a runtime pickup item - it's not attached to the player, but can be picked up and added to the inventory like any other item.

The Item Pickup Set property of the ItemPickup component is related to this: pre-added items don't need to define an item set here because they already exist in the character's Item Set Manager. But if you check the pickups for Bow and Katana, you'll see that they have item pickup sets defined.