OnHeal event when casting Heal "magic" item

nfoote

Hi,

I've setup the "heal" item type exactly as it is on the demo Nolan character. I'm trying to get the heal spell to heal the character but it is not working. Things I've tried so far:

1) I've attached the script from here to the character: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/attributes/health/
in hopes of registering an event when he receives healing. The OnHeal function isn't being called when I use the heal.

2) I've made sure the Heal particle effect has collision set correctly (screenshot below).

3) The cast action "Layers" includes the character in the Magic Item script

edit: so i've had another look at the demo scene and it seems like you can only heal other objects. I am able to heal other objects that have the health and attribute manager scripts on them. Is it possible to change this to heal the character too?

1599882494453.png1599882558205.png

Last edited:
The heal action does only heal other objects. As an immediate fix you could create a new action which heals the current character instead of the target object. You can do this by creating a new CastAction, similar to the PhysicsCast action.