On Assets update

ayush

So I updated my UCC from version 2.3.1 to 2.4.3 and Pun addon is 1.1.15 . My problem is that before updating all my pickup weapons were working but now none if then work and also there no error! . I have already gone through most of release notes but didn't find anything there too.
Need help asap

Without error messages it is hard to say what is going wrong. Have you checked the (PUN) demo scene? We first need to ensure that everything works fine in the demo in your setup. As otherwise something with the upgrade went wrong. Also notice that you have to delete the UCC and shared folder before upgrading to 2.4.x. Can you please confirm that the demos are working fine? And if not, please try to reinstall UCC and the PUN add-on after deleting the corresponding folders.

It was issue of layer, as you can see in the screenshot 1 , but we had to remove !(not) from MathUtility in if statement to make it working also adding our new layers in the layer manager then it worked
// The object must have an enabled inventory in order for the item to be picked up.
var inventory = other.GetCachedParentComponent<InventoryBase>();
if (inventory == null || !inventory.enabled) {
return;
}

// The collider must be a main character collider. Items or ragdoll colliders don't count.
var layerManager = inventory.gameObject.GetCachedComponent<CharacterLayerManager>();
if (layerManager == null || MathUtility.InLayerMask(other.layer, layerManager.CharacterLayer)) {
//if (layerManager == null || !MathUtility.InLayerMask(other.layer, LayerManager.TeamBlue) || MathUtility.InLayerMask(other.layer, LayerManager.TeamRed)) {
return;
}

TryItemPickup(inventory, slotID);

But now our magic effects are not getting synced accross the network they getting returned (check screenshot 2 ) , if am commenting return its getting instantiated on the local but not on others
#if
ULTIMATE_CHARACTER_CONTROLLER_MULTIPLAYER

// The server will spawn the projectile.

if (m_MagicItem.NetworkInfo != null) {

if (m_MagicItem.NetworkInfo.IsLocalPlayer()) {

m_MagicItem.NetworkCharacter.MagicCast(m_MagicItem, m_Index, m_CastID, direction, targetPosition);

}

Debug.Log(m_MagicItem.NetworkInfo.IsServer());

if (!m_MagicItem.NetworkInfo.IsServer())

{

return;

}

}

#endif
So any idea?

Attachments

• IMG-20211123-WA0054_1_1.jpg
    IMG-20211123-WA0054_1_1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG-20211123-WA0053_1.jpg
    IMG-20211123-WA0053_1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1
You should not need to modify any code to get it to sync. Can you list how to reproduce it from a fresh project using the demo scene?

Yes things work fine in demo i tested in new project but in my current project after update i am having this error.
These are sceneObjects having photonViews

Attachments

• IMG-20211124-WA0031.jpg
    IMG-20211124-WA0031.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hey
I tried everything but still the effects are not syncing across the network only when master client uses the effects then it gets synced

The error message that you posted is probably not related to UCC. It's about changing the ownership of photon views. There is no component in UCC/PUN add-on that does something like this. Also the demo works fine. So, It might be related to something else that you have updated in the meantime!?

We try our best to support you, but we better indications, where your problems might come from. For the upgrade, please make sure to delete the old UCC installation before installing the new 2.4.x version. Please make also sure you have not modified any Opsive code. Please also test that the demo scene on your upgraded project works fine.