Objects handling with full body awareness

matmalm

I'm using Unity 2021.3.36 URP. UFPS 3.0.20.

I have a character with full body awareness, so I didn't set up the first person arms.
In my case, without the first person arms, if the items get picked up and attached as a children of the camera, then it works well when rotation the camera, but the item will never stay attached to the hand, so when I move the camera, it will make it to get out of the hand model of the character. And if the item get picked up and attached as a children of the hand of the character, then the item will always follow the hand, but not fully the direction of the hand when I move the camera.

Is there a trick to do this without adding a first person arms?

Even with full body awareness you should setup the first person arms - this will give you the best results. If you don't setup the separate arms then they will always be at a slightly incorrect position because the character arms are for a standard third person perspective rather than a first person perspective.

Even with full body awareness you should setup the first person arms - this will give you the best results. If you don't setup the separate arms then they will always be at a slightly incorrect position because the character arms are for a standard third person perspective rather than a first person perspective.
Alright, so is not possible for the character to look himself in a mirror for example?

That is possible, in the demo scene we have an example of it. When the camera for the mirror renders it uses the humanoid objects and does not render the first person objects.