Non-Dominant Hand IK Target Use Blocks Reload Animation

If we specify a non-dominant hand IK target on a weapon, that hand is no longer able to be used for the reload animation because it's "stuck" on that transform.
In a future update, could we get the option to disable (and re-enable) the use of the IK target for before and after reload animations?

That's correct - setting the state with the arm weight to 0 is the right way to handle this situation.

That's correct - setting the state with the arm weight to 0 is the right way to handle this situation.

Sorry, how / where do you set a reload state? On the character? On the weapon? I currently have it on the Reload ability, but I don't see any properties there to edit IK.

Also I am using Final IK, so how would I alter the IK weight, since there is no longer the Character IK component to edit the individual properties.

@Deckard_89 , well it would have been by adding a reload state to the character IK component where you set hand weight to 0. I am not yet sure how this is implemented with the FinalIK bridge.

Ah, FinalIK.. yeah, that's more difficult. Right now that would involve modifying the integration script to detect when reload is running and change the FinalIK settings based on that. I haven't found a good way to use these presets with integration assets since the presets require the base class to be set.

Ah, this also means I can't use the Interaction System of Final IK, at least not with the non-dominant hand that's assigned here. The only way around for me is to try and make my animations follow the weapon exactly. The problem is, they look perfect in 3DS Max, but when I import into Unity, that hand is aligned a little differently than how it was in Max. Perhaps it's because it's due to the layer/avatar mask not moving all the bones that it would normally, not sure.

I noticed though that your demo character Nolan does not need to use the IK point for holding the weapon at all. How the heck did you get the animation to line up so perfectly with the weapon without using IK? Impressive, it's actually harder than it looks (or harder than it should be, due to the "stubborn" way Unity deals with humanoids).