Need to disable head movement when an ability is active

Bricat

Hi! :)

I have few questions regarding 3rd person Adventure Movement type.

1. I'm trying to make it so when an ability is active, it will disable this “camera-facing” head movement. but I have bad luck making it happen. Could you help me how to resolve this problem?

2. If you see the attached video, when head collider is lower then feet, character starts to vibrate and become unstable. I assume it is using character's lowest contact position of any collider in it. Any insight on how to remedy this problem?

Please let me know!

Thanks!
Bricat

Last edited:
1. I'm trying to make it so when an ability is active, it will disable this camera facing head movement. but I have bad luck making it happen. Could you help me how to resolve this problem?
You can use the state system to set the IK weights when an ability is active.

2. If you see the attached video, when head collider is lower then feet, character starts to vibrate and become unstable. I assume it is using character's lowest contact position of any collider in it. Any insight on how to remedy this problem?
Is the main capsule collider too low? You could disable the CapsuleColliderPositioner to check if that's the cause. If it is you can disable rotations, this is similar to what the crawl ability does.

You can use the state system to set the IK weights when an ability is active.

Is the main capsule collider too low? You could disable the CapsuleColliderPositioner to check if that's the cause. If it is you can disable rotations, this is similar to what the crawl ability does.
Thank you for quick Reply!! :D
so I figured out how to use State system to set IK weight to 0! now head bone doesn't move when ability is active! Thanks a lot!!

However, I still cannot figure out the 2nd issue. so I have noticed that main collider actually goes up when I active my ability. Idk why this is happening. Do you have any insight on it?
(I tried disable CapsuleColliderPositioner Component, but it didn't fix the problem.)

Last edited: