Multiple Pickup issues

ChristianWiele

Hi,

I have created a coconut throwable object as runtime pickup. But I am facing three issues:

1.) When the object is picked up, the pickup is not destroyed, so I can pick it up multiple times
2.) The pickup is assigned to the items on my character, but the item is not active in the right hand.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-04 um 12.01.28.png

3.) The coconut prefab is scaled to match the overall scene, but after the object is attached to the right hand, the scale is reset:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-04 um 12.03.46.png

Thanks for you support.

Christian

Have you tried comparing your item pickup to the pickup within the demo scene? The katana and bow are runtime pickups. Also, make sure you are running the latest version as there were some improvements to that system.

I found one problem. From the initial test without the pickup I still had set the default loadout on my character. The pickup, and the direct equip works now fine.

Still, the issue with the scale remains. Both, the equipped item in the hand, as well as the spawned / thrown item have the wrong scale.

Also, if I throw the coconut, the runtime item remains in the hand (just becomes inactive). If I pickup more coconuts, these runtime item objects accumulate. Is there a way to remove / drop the item directly after throwing?

Still, the issue with the scale remains. Both, the equipped item in the hand, as well as the spawned / thrown item have the wrong scale.
The scale currently is not exposed, it just uses whatever is set in the prefab. I will add it as an option to the next update.

Also, if I throw the coconut, the runtime item remains in the hand (just becomes inactive). If I pickup more coconuts, these runtime item objects accumulate. Is there a way to remove / drop the item directly after throwing?
Version 2.2.7 fixed multiple pickups being added for the same item type. When the pickup is removed the object is not removed under the items GameObject.

Sorry, it seems to be a package manager issue. In the package manager it says that the newest version has been downloaded (2.2.7). But on the file system I found still the old version. I will check with 2.2.7 and close the issue for the time being.