Moving Platform Problems

MatB

I have a simple disk shape on the 'MovingPlatform' layer. It is able to be moved around arbitrarily. Players can walk on it.

When it is stationary, when a remote peer connects and walks on this surface, the translation of the character is not smooth (as observed by the local player). When the character jumps the effect is even worse.

If the disk moves anywhere in the XZ plane and the player jumps, the character seems to teleport several meters away during the animation, then snap back to where you might expect them to have landed. This happens even if the disk is moved and then brought back to being stationary before jumping (as is demonstrated in this video: MovingPlatformArtifact)

This is just an minimally edited OpsivePUN demo scene using AtlasPUN. ( I see similar 'artifacts' btw on any of the moving platforms within the unedited scene). These artifacts occur even if I connect locally, it's nothing to do with latency.

Do you have any idea why this is happening over the network? I don't know where to start looking - there is so much Opsive code...

Thanks for any help

I was able to reproduce this in the PUN demo scene by setting the plane to the moving platform layer and assigning a moving platform component to it. Thanks for the report - I'll fix it for the next PUN update.

Can you give me a rough ETA of how long that will take Justin? We have a milestone to hit so if it will take longer than a few days we're going to have to try to fix it ourselves. If the latter, can you help point us in the right direction?

Also, we have noticed that, when player characters are on a Moving Platform, hits do not register client side.

This change will likely be made in PunCharacterTransformMonitor. I am going to look at it this week. If it's a small change then I can send it to you but if it affects multiple classes I will be doing an update in mid-August before I leave for devcom.

This change will likely be made in PunCharacterTransformMonitor. I am going to look at it this week. If it's a small change then I can send it to you but if it affects multiple classes I will be doing an update in mid-August before I leave for devcom.
Hi Justin. Did you get anywhere with this? We've noticed other moving platform related problems now. The most problematic is that it becomes difficult or impossible to shoot another player when standing on anything set to the 'MovingPlatform' layer.

I have it fixed but haven't been able to push an update. I'm at a conference right now but I'll be able to send you the file within a few days