Moving platform interaction broken/not useable in a game?

I set up a simple moving platform with 2 waypoints, set to enable on interact. I'm trying to set up a simple elevator system where the interaction will send the platform to a certain waypoint or at least return the platform to a certain waypoint using a target waypoint. Why does the interaction only enable the moving platform one time? Is this correct? If so, that is not useful for any game scenario whatsoever. Also, the change direction on interact option does absolutely nothing as far as I have tested.

I was hoping to have a simple, useful elevator system working with ucc as is found in most if not all first person shooters, even Doom. What we have is something better suited for the most basic platforming game. This is frustrating because I'm not sure how to integrate a basic elevator system into ucc. I've found that using an animator for moving the platform works with the animator update component, but it also requires the moving platform component as well. This seems to work well enough, but it's the quietest elevator I've ever ridden. How would I add elevator sounds such as starting, moving and stopping?

When you are enabling the moving platform it will move to the next waypoint if it is currently disabled. In order for it to be enabled you must make sure it is first disabled, similar to this interact video:

For your use case though you'll likely want to have more functionality so I would instead create an elevator script and then use the Move with Object ability: https://opsive.com/support/document...bilities/included-abilities/move-with-object/

@TimeStrafer I think I've got this figured out, I'm using BOLT and PUN too so was a little trickier, but seems to work and over network too.

Pretty sure this is all needed to get it to work with an Interactable Button that s interacts with this moving platform
Bolt Flow machine disables the MovingPlatform component at the instant it changes direction to ping pong back to the other waypoint. Then when interacting with the button again will enable the MovingPlatform again and it will repeat that process to the other waypoint.

Also great that I will be able to use this for doors and other things too!

1613097852362.png

@Vlaxep That is so cool. Thank you! I wasn't sure if Bolt worked, but figured I'd get around to it somehow. This helps a lot. I was just trying to figure out how to write a script for UFPS in C#.

@Vlaxep That is so cool. Thank you! I wasn't sure if Bolt worked, but figured I'd get around to it somehow. This helps a lot. I was just trying to figure out how to write a script for UFPS in C#.
No problem mate, it's tough because BOLT is amazing but hard to get help because not so many people necessarily use it with the assets you use or with Opsive for that matter. I'm slowly getting there being able to modify UCC.

Hit me up if you need help with Bolt integration and Opsive I've learnt a lot, but a lot to go!