Move Towards Location's rotation not respected

Cheo

Hello, the Move Toward Location component seems to be in need of a few fixes. Here's the first issue I stumbled upon this morning : when standing on top of a ledge and looking down and opposite the direction of the drop start animation it is possible to start the hang ability and end up with Atlas hanging on the wrong side of the ledge. Here is a video to illustrate :

There's one similar situation I've found in the main demo scene : when aiming and looking away from the Walk Door example it is possible to have the character moving away from the door. In both cases the direction indicated by the Yaw Offset in a Move Toward Location component is not respected, however it is not necessary to be aiming for the hanging issue to occur. Could you please investigate on this ? I'm available for further tests if necessary. Thanks in advance !

Following @DankP3 's suggestion I ran a test checking the Move Towards Location's gizmo position and rotation, and it turns out he was right : it is repositioned each time the ability is called, and the yaw offset can be inverted when looking the other way. See for yourselves :

This component is unreliable as it stands, and if it is meant to be repositioned this should be specified somewhere and we should have the option to restrict those modifications - like allowing it to reposition on some axis but preventing it from changing the Yaw Offset.

I was able to reproduce your video and the hang ability shouldn't be able to start from that angle. We don't have any animations for that start type and didn't realize it was possible. I'll prevent hang from starting at that angle in the next update.

On the walk through door one I wasn't able to reproduce it - the character always turned towards the door in both directions.

Hold it ! I recently included a backward drop start animation from the Ultimate Traversal animation pack, we should definitely be able to have a forward and/or backward drop start animation.
And here's an idea, maybe we could add an identifier to Move Towards Location ? I see two use cases for this with the ledge : one Move Towards Location for the forward start and another for the backward one. Same for the combination of hanging and pulling up to a ledge strafe transition. I believe ladders from UCC 2 had two Move Towards Location components attached, one for the bottom and one for the top, and that makes sense, but I think adding an identifier could be useful for clarity, a default order could still be left in the script.

Lastly, here's a video with the walk door issue, I needed to keep aiming away from the door for Atlas to follow the wrong direction.

Hold it ! I recently included a backward drop start animation from the Ultimate Traversal animation pack, we should definitely be able to have a forward and/or backward drop start animation.
The Move Towards location is being positioned correctly, it's just that the ability doesn't work with a backwards drop like that. So I am going to remove it until I can properly add support for it. It'll take some code changes within the Hang ability in order to properly support a backwards drop.

And here's an idea, maybe we could add an identifier to Move Towards Location ? I see two use cases for this with the ledge : one Move Towards Location for the forward start and another for the backward one. Same for the combination of hanging and pulling up to a ledge strafe transition. I believe ladders from UCC 2 had two Move Towards Location components attached, one for the bottom and one for the top, and that makes sense, but I think adding an identifier could be useful for clarity, a default order could still be left in the script.
Each ability is different, and the Move Towards component is positioned dynamically for the Hang ability.

Lastly, here's a video with the walk door issue, I needed to keep aiming away from the door for Atlas to follow the wrong direction.
Thanks, after I take a look at it.