Mouse sensitivity super low in editor, works fine in built version

dwhamz

Hey there,

I'm new but I've been searching for answers and can't seem to find one. Sorry if this is obvious.

I created a new scene and character following the instructions in the documentation.

When I first open my project and scene in the editor the mouse sensitivity is super low, despite the settings on the character being the same.

If I open the demo scene and run around for a second, then open my scene back up, it'll work totally fine.

If it the sensitivity isn't working in the editor and I publish the scene, the mouse sensitivity will work correctly in the built version.

Not sure what I'm missing. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan

Is the light map baking? Have you tried opening the profiler to see what is causing the bottleneck?

Is the light map baking? Have you tried opening the profiler to see what is causing the bottleneck?
The light map is baking. I don't have much experience with the profiler so I'm not exactly sure what to be looking for. It seems like everything is running fine.

Before you do that, open the "Stats" window in the Game view in the editor, and check if there's a big FPS difference in the two cases?

Before you do that, open the "Stats" window in the Game view in the editor, and check if there's a big FPS difference in the two cases?
So when I first open my project and scene (which is when sensitivity is low) the FPS says between 500-600 (lol)

When I open the demo scene and then open my scene back up it stays between 58-60

Sounds like your sensitivity is framerate dependant then. What version of UCC are you on? If you're using a version older than 2.2.1 you'll need to open PlayerInput.cs and change Update to FixedUpdate.

I installed it directly from the asset store in a new project. The Character manager says I am using version 2.2.7. The PlayerInput script is using FixedUpdate. I'm starting to suspect it is an issue with my new computer and graphics card maybe. I'm going to ask around on the unity forums and discord. Not sure why loading the opsive demo scene fixes it though.

Here is a screenshot of my stats if it helps at all. I appreciate the help.

opsive_stats.png

Some additional info:

I only have UFPS. None of the other controllers are installed. I just installed behavior designer but the problem existed before that.

Only opening the "UFPSdemo" fixes it.

Opening up the behavior designer demo scene "FirstPerson Shooter Scene" does not fix the problem for my scene. That scene has the same issue where the FPS is super high between 500-600, but the controller in that scene does not have the sensitivity issue. The FPS in this scene will also be fixed if I first open UFPSdemo scene and then go back.

Here are the stats for UFPSdemo which works fine. Not sure if any of this helps
opsive_stats_2.png