More throwing items questions

vgwizardx

So I have made great progress. I have an item I can throw and pickup. But I'm wondering if there might be a better way. Right now when I throw an item it creates a clone of it and yes I reuse the clone. But is there away to throw the actual object no cloning? So if I have a rock for example and I throw it. I want to throw the actual rock and not a clone of the rock. Is that possible? The reason I'm asking is because in my game there will only be a set amount of objects it will never be more than the 5 that start at the beginning of the game. So I don't need to clone them like bullets or grenades. I need it to be more like a rock or baseball or something.

Also, @Justin I want to thank you for all your help. I even like the fact that you have listened to some of my suggestions. So I appreciate all you and your team has done thus far. Thanks again.

So I have made great progress. I have an item I can throw and pickup. But I'm wondering if there might be a better way. Right now when I throw an item it creates a clone of it and yes I reuse the clone. But is there away to throw the actual object no cloning? So if I have a rock for example and I throw it. I want to throw the actual rock and not a clone of the rock. Is that possible? The reason I'm asking is because in my game there will only be a set amount of objects it will never be more than the 5 that start at the beginning of the game. So I don't need to clone them like bullets or grenades. I need it to be more like a rock or baseball or something.
Unless you create a new ItemAction the way to do it is to have a clone of the object when it is thrown. The reason for this is because the thrown object contains components that you don't need on the actual visible object in the character's hand and visa-versa.

Also, @Justin I want to thank you for all your help. I even like the fact that you have listened to some of my suggestions. So I appreciate all you and your team has done thus far. Thanks again.
No problem - glad you are enjoying the controller! If you have not already done so leaving a review on the Asset Store is always appreciated :)